Friday, May 24, 2013

Well, I'm here!

I arrived here on May 22nd, 2013, and I'm already having a blessed and wonderful time! Honestly, it feels as though no time has gone by since last summer, and it is so great to be able to catch up with some of my good friends I met last summer. Its also been awesome making new friends. All the girls in the kitchen are very sweet, and  I know the Lord is going to bless this summer. The preaching these past few days has been wonderful! Of course, we even have had some time to just cut loose and have some fun, like in speed volleyball. Our first group of campers will be coming in tonight, so we already will be privileged to be serving others. Tonight we have men and their sons coming in for the "Father and Son Retreat" for this weekend. Coming in on Monday, we will have wilderness campers from Falls Baptist Church ( or at least I think ;-) and we'll also be training fourteen young ladies on how to cook! Coming in on Wednesday is YDC ( Youth Development Camp ) which is a private retreat hosted, again, by Falls Baptist Church. Please pray for these upcoming retreats, that spiritual  decisions would be made. Also, please pray for the staff this upcoming week. We get up pretty early to be in the kitchen for YDC camp, so please pray for our strength. Ok! Now for some pictures!
Mrs. Rachel drew this!

Mr. Stephen released a lantern ( kind of like Tangled! ) but it got caught in the tree. It did not burn though!

Speed volleyball on Wednesday evening!

Great to see some old friends, like Nicole, from last summer :-)!

And great to meet some new friends, like Abby! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment