Well...here we are...at the end of another week of camp. What a nice
week this has been! It was a smaller camp, and they ate less food...so
kitchen work wasn't has hard ;-)! Also, its been much cooler this past
week, like as I'm writing this I'm sitting in McDonalds wearing a
sweater ( which I have been all day. ) This past week was a week of
spiritual battles, especially for the counselors. Many of the campers
who came this past week came from rougher homes and backgrounds. I know
the Lord used the preachers to work in each of the campers lives.
It was so neat for me, because of Friday night I was able to lead
devotions in Mya's cabin. That was a first for me, and I am so glad I
was able to minister in that way. I gave a devotion on the Proverbs 31
woman and on inward beauty, rather than outward beauty. And so here we
are, on our final week of camp. Great friends and other staff members
are returning to their homes this weekend, and it is so hard to watch
each of them go home. Next weekend the rest of us will return to our
homes. Though I am glad to return to my family, friends, and home
church, it is always sad leaving the new friends I made at camp. Tonight
at camp we will be watching the Summer in Review. Its going to be a fun
time of skits, the video, testimonies, and afterwards ICE CREAM! Thank
you to all of you who have shown me love and support through this entire
summer. Thank you for reading this blog week after week. Thank you for
those who emailed me throughout the week ( especially Alexia :-)! Thank
you to my parents for sending me cards :-) I loved getting them in the
mail. I will be making a post next week, so lets focus on this past week
and look at some pictures!!!
 |
| Miss Jenna holding a bag of popcorn. |
 |
| Josie eating without her hands, Joanna's cabin lost a challenge. |
 |
| Of course I had to eat without my hands too, because I sat with that cabin all week. |
 |
| Joanna and I eating dinner without our hands. Not only that, but it was crazy set for the counselors. |
 |
| Nikki and Alayna working the dishroom. |
 |
| The dishroom! AKA the dish pit. |
 |
| Josie and I on Friday evening. |
 |
| She had us sign her arms... |
 |
| On Saturday Nikki, Alayna, and I went out. We went to a resale shop ;-)! |
 |
| What do you think? Isn't it perfect?! |
 |
| Nickel sized hail! |
 |
| Nikki, Alayna, and I had a lot of fun in the rain puddles. |
 |
| :-) |
 |
| Nicole, Nikki, and I canoed to the island! |
 |
| Sara, Laura, and I enjoying popcorn. |
 |
| Dessert cakes. |
 |
| Miss Jenna and I jumping on the balloons we left for her on her bed. |
 |
| We ballooned and wrapped Miss Jenna's bed. |
 |
| Mya and I at a volleyball game. |
 |
| I was the official scorekeeper. |
 |
| Camper speed volleyball. |
 |
| Miss Becca and Miss Rachel having a donut eating contest! |
 |
| Alayna and Laura working on wrapping up Miss Jenna's bed. |
 |
| Picky Nikki! |
 |
| Nikki and Laura on the swings. |
 |
| Nicole, Nikki, and I at Mrs. Chapman's birthday party. |
 |
| Blowing out birthday candles. |
 |
| We played the cup game. |
 |
| Fireworks! | |
 |
| Beautiful Fireworks! |
 |
| Things got nuts in the kitchen again... |
 |
| So nuts we took it outside! |
 |
| Dough for Monkey Bread! |
 |
| Alayna rolled it in sugar. |
 |
| Miss Rachel rolled the balls, I buttered it, Alayna rolled it in sugar and then put it in the pan. |
 |
The finished product! Or at least some of it ;-)!
Sorry! My pictures seem to have gotten out of order...so sorry for the bit of randomness in the way the pictures line up. |
No comments:
Post a Comment