We've made it through week seven! Wow! This has been an amazing
week!!! This was the second teen camp we have held this summer, and of
all the weeks that we have had throughout the whole summer, I don't
think there have been as many victories as there was in this week. I
think there was around 140 campers and others here this week, which is a
great praise to be having such wonderful attendance this summer. The
preachers this week were both wonderful, and they truly were used by God
this week. The two preachers were Pastor Tom Farrel and Pastor Hal
Hightower. On Tuesday night ( though I was unable to hear the message
because I was babysitting for the nurse ) Pastor Tom Farrel gave a
message on salvation. Around 30, ( yes 30! ) campers came back to
receive Christ as their personal Savior! What a blessing it is to know
that all of us, ever person on staff, had a part in leading them to
Christ. Truly, to God be the glory! Throughout the week many campers
also dedicated their lives to the Lord, promised the Lord their purity,
decided to witness to unsaved family and friends, and to get involved in
any form of ministry they can get involved in now. I was able to
counsel on Thursday night which was such a great blessing :-)! The
message on Thursday night was such a blessing to me personally, as it
was on giving our lives to the Lord and serving Him. I know that is what
I want my life to be, I want my life to bring honor and glory to my
Savior and I want to serve Him with my whole life. No matter where He
calls me, whether it be on a foreign missions field, or if He has me
stay right here in America, I want my whole life to be about and for
Jesus Christ! This coming week will be Junior Camp 2! I am so excited,
and I cannot wait to hang out with the Juniors :-)! Some girls from my
home church may be on their way up, and that will be so exciting to have
them here! There is possibly going to be 130 campers coming this week,
which, again, is another great praise for good attendance! Please keep
praying for good attendance these last three weeks of camp. The Lord has
truly richly blessed us this summer, and has shown Himself in so many
ways. Please be praying that many campers would make lasting choices for
Him. Also, be in prayer for the campers who have gone on home after
this past week. Pray that they will continue to grow in Christ, and
strive daily to know Him better. Be in prayer that if any come unsaved
this coming week, that this would be their week of salvation. Also,
continue to pray for good health for the staff. Everybody seems to be
back to their healthy states, but please pray we would all remain
healthy through the rest of the summer. Thank you so much for keeping up
with this blog and for praying for the ministry here at Camp Joy this
past summer! Here are some pictures from this past week at camp:
 |
| While Nikki was away this past week I was in charge of the bog and screen house! |
 |
| Maria drew me a teddy bear ^.^! |
 |
| Miss Rachel had fun drawing out the hot bar layout for Laura. |
 |
| A camper found an Alligator Snapping Turtle! |
 |
| True of the kitchen ;-)! |
 |
| I found a salamander on Tuesday evening!!! |
 |
| As Laura put it, "Things got nuts in the kitchen." |
 |
| I tried to open up one of the nuts and it bit me! |
 |
| Charity wrote this sign up for us. |
 |
| Sarah and Emily had to sing in chapel ( since they missed it during dinner ) for Sarah's package. |
 |
| Abby, making Apple Crisp! :-) |
 |
| We did our own fried chicken! |
 |
| My dad surprised me, and came a visited me! He rode up on his motorcycle and his hands got tanned by the open slots in his gloves ;-)! |
 |
| Laura found a grapefruit with a smiley face on it. We did not draw that on there either. |
 |
| Sara got tied up to the tilt skillet and the counter. |
 |
| Things got a little crazy when we let the dish room guys set crazy set up. |
 |
| Nicole breading chicken for fried chicken. It was really good! ;-)! |
 |
| Sabrina and I. We were campers together just about every year. This was her last year as a camper. I'm going to miss seeing her around here! |
 |
| Justine and I. We also camped together one or two years, so it was so much fun to see her again! |
|
|
|
|
 |
| Kierysten and I! Friend from last summer, glad to see her again this summer! |
 |
| Friday night I learned how to fry! |
 |
| We had some brothers come in ( a few times this summer ) and juggle for us. This guy was juggling fire! |
 |
| I spilled jello over the counter...but it looks like the kitchen has a mystery ;-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment