Well, another week is down, and we have just four more to go! Its crazy how fast the summer has gone by! What a wonderful summer it has been though, and I hope you have all had wonderful summers too :-)! This past week has been Family Camp 2! There was about eight families here, so a bit lighter of a crowd then we had last week ;-)! It was so much fun getting to know one of the girls who works in the kitchen's family. I was able to play around with her little sisters, and on the Fourth of July I was able to talk with her dad for a bit and get to know him. It was a fun time this past week! Sadly though, my camera ran out of memory ( I forgot to format the card from last week ) and battery, so I don't have quite as many pictures as normal. But thanks to Alayna I was able to get a few more :-)! Another awesome part of this past week was that one of the young men camping was saved! It is so great to know that somebody came to know the Lord this past week at camp :-)! The Fourth of July was a lot of fun too. We had a picnic down by the horse coral, and then we got a little time off. I sat and watched softball and volleyball, and played with a couple of kids :-)! It was so nice to spend some time in the great outdoors! The preacher this week was Dr. Carl Herbster. Wow! He was such a great preacher! I am so glad I was able to hear him preach this past week :-)! This coming week is Teen Camp 2. I am so excited because some of the girls that I met when I was a camper are here this week :-)! It will be so much fun to get to hang out with them again!!! The preachers this week ( whom I have heard them both ) are going to be great! I am so looking forward to this coming week. There will be about 140 campers, which is awesome to have another large group coming in! Please be in prayer for the staff, most of us seem to be over what ever bug was going around...but pray that it doesn't come back for a second time around the staff ;-)! Pray for the campers this coming week, that they would be open and listen to the preaching and just really let it soak in and let the Lord lead them. Also pray that if any are coming that are unsaved, that they would come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ :-)! Alright, well lets get the pictures rolling for this week!!
 |
| Nikki with Nicole's younger brothers, Caleb and Alexander. |
 |
| Miss Jenna got a burn on her arm, and Alayna drew on it. |
 |
| This is the horse named Rain. |
 |
| This is Riley. |
 |
| Lydia feeding Riley. |
 |
| Ain't that sweet?! |
 |
| Rose feeding Rain :-)! |
 |
| Aww :-)! |
 |
| This was my idea, but Miss Rachel drew it on. |
 |
| Nikki jumping in the bouncy castle. |
 |
| Jumping at Nikki. |
 |
| Me, Nikki, Alayna, and Maria having fun in the bouncy castle. |
 |
| Miss Jenna drew this in the beans for us :-)! |
 |
| We went to Delavan, Wisconsin today. Went shopping, out for lunch, and for a walk. It was beautiful! |
 |
| So pretty here! |
 |
| Delavan's circus history district. |
 |
| Where we went for a walk. |
 |
| Alayna and I sitting on the park bench. |
 |
| Laura, Alayna, and I. |
 |
| The sign for the arboretum we went walking at! |
 |
| Me, Alayna, and Abby. We all have Mountain Drew shirts :-)! | | | | | |
|
|
|
Thank you to those who have emailed me this past week! I love getting things in my mail box :-)! Feel free to write me any time! I'd love to hear about your summer, let me know what exciting things have been going on for you these past few months! Love to hear from ya! Remember to email staff@campjoy.org and put my name as the subject title! Also, please do write me by snail mail :-)! I love getting cards, and I'd love to write ya back!! Hope to hear from you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment