Saturday, November 9, 2013

PGM!

On Thursday, November 7th, we were able to go minister at Pacific Garden Mission, in Chicago, Illinois! We go about every month (except for last month, it got cancelled...) and its a great blessing every time :-)! This time was a lesson in flexibility! We had an order of service all prepared...but unexpectedly another speaker was there, so we ended up not being able to do all the special music we had prepared.Of course it was wonderful, because the men received to great messages! Also, I was able to give a testimony about being grateful in trials. We weren't really sure if we would need a testimony or not because of all the music, so we decided we would all write one and then if we had to somebody would give one. I ended up writing one, the same day of our service, and was able to give it! I was so nervous (partially because I didn't think I would be giving it! ) But that was also just such a great example that we should be willing to speak, and be ready to speak, whenever the time comes :-)! I was in the overflow service, but they had a wonderful response in the main service! I know the men in overflow were truly blessed by all that went on as well :-)!

We all decided to wear purple :-)!

Hope, Rose, Faith, and I!

The Sear's Tower in the background! It was glowing purple which was totally neat since we were wearing purple!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment