We've come to the end of another week! This past week was Teen Camp 1. This has been one of the craziest weeks too! We had over 180 campers and others on campground this past week, and that is a lot of people to make food for ;-)! Of course, I had the fun job this week, seeing as I was Baker's Assistant and got to make the desserts this past week :-)! Oh how much fun it was! Sure, I may have had to miss out on break for a couple of days, but it was worth it :-)! Except for when we burned ourselves with jello ( didn't feel to great ) other than that it was a lot of fun! I made all kinds of yummy treats this past week, from Brownie Cookies and Plate Sized Chocolate Chip Cookies to Jello and other fun treats. I even came up with the idea ( thanks to Taco Bell ) to do Cinnamon Twists for Nacho Night. I really didn't do an overly large amount aside from work this past week, but it was a lot of fun working back in Baker's Corner :-)! One really neat part, though, about this past week was I able to counsel a girl after the evening service Thursday night! It was a great experience, and I am so glad the Lord gave me the strength and was able to help this girl. Well. since I wasn't out of the kitchen very often this past week, most of my pictures consist of food...so don't get to hungry on me now ;-)!
 |
| Miss Jenna and Nicole wrapped Laura mattress to the bottom of Abby's bed! |
 |
| Charity fried up greenish blue chips! They were so good, despite the fact that they turned my tongue blue. |
 |
| Making Blondies! |
 |
| Abby working on brownies :-)! |
 |
| Making the topping for Apple Crisp! |
 |
| The five bowls of pudding I made. |
 |
| We washed our potatoes in the dish washer. |
 |
| The Apple Crisp I made! |
 |
| Going through the cherries. |
 |
| Maria and I worked long and hard on this salad. |
 |
| I made Brownie Cookies! |
 |
| Strawberry, angel food cake, and whipped topping truffle! |
 |
| Miss Rachel folded these up like towels. They were actually the top of the chicken pot pie she and Miss Jenna made. |
 |
| Angie and I hid and then cleaned up Miss Rachel's mess and pretended like she never even made the topping for the chicken pot pie. |
 |
| But we needed a better location! |
 |
| Blueberry, angel food cake, and whipped topping truffles. |
 |
| I was working on Grill Cookies and all these chocolate chips came tumbling out! |
 |
| Such a shame to waste so much chocolate! |
 |
| Cinnamon twists! |
 |
| They turned out so pretty! |
 |
| Yummy! |
 |
| I made 42 of these plate sized cookies! |
 |
| Don't they look yummy? |
 |
| After we drizzled the icing on them. So good! |
 |
| Miriam working the Snack Shack. |
 |
| Some of my friends ( having fun while I was working ) Maria, Amy, Nikki, and Bethany! :-)! |
 |
| Staff vs Camper volleyball. ( I was working during this though, picture thanks to Bethany!!) |
 |
| Miss Jenna's monkey, George, all geared up and ready to eat! |
So this weekend, I'm spending sometime at the home of a really good friend of mine, also a fellow kitchen worker, Alayna! So I will probably make a post on the weekend so if you want to check back earlier this week and see that post :-)! Also, feel free to email me at the staff email! Email me at: staff@campjoy.org and in the subject line put my name, Grace Eitel. Or you could write me by sending the letter to Camp Joy's address and addressing it to me. I'd love to hear from y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment