Well, were officially done with week three! This past week has been a lot more relaxing, seeing as breakfast didn't start until 8 o'clock ( rather than 6:45am!!) Week three has been Family Camp 1. I have to say, family camp is probably one of my favorites weeks. Its a different ministry from Junior and Teen camps, and its a very fun week. Family camp is more of a vacation for the families who attend, and it is such a blessing to be able to minister to each family according to their special needs. It was really nice being able to see a couple families from my home church this past week. I really enjoyed being their waitress too ;-)! The unique part about family camp is the varying ages that come. On Monday afternoon I had a lot of fun running around the gym with some of the younger family campers. They were such a sweet group of children! Tuesday was really nice to spend a significant amount of time outdoors, as we held a picnic by the horse coral. Also on Tuesday evening I had a lot of fun going with Miss Jenna to take her nieces and nephews to Wal-mart and Culver's so he brother and sister-in-law could enjoy some laser tag down by the gym. Thursday we enjoyed "Fun Time" and I had a blast watching it with a friend from church! Friday was also a lot of fun, having a picnic down at the gym for the younger children, as their parents and older siblings ate at the Banquet in the Dining Hall. I was able to help out down by the gym, and had a fun time with a couple of the kids from my church. Though, Friday evening our dish washer broke down, and we've had to eat on paper products for a couple of days. Today we had to start washing dishes by hand, because their really starting to pile up. Please be in prayer that we will have this all sorted out soon, especially because we have Junior campers coming in tomorrow afternoon! Saturday was also a very...unique...day. We were able to have dinner out on the private island that Camp Joy owns. Well, their is quite a bit of staff, so in order to get out there we had to do multiple pontoon boat rides, while others paddled canoes out to the island. We enjoyed a delicious dinner of hot dogs and hamburgers ( by the way, those burgers were AMAZING!) Well, I was waiting on the island, two more groups to go, and one group was on the boat. As they pulled away...suddenly they stopped! The pontoon boat had ran out of gas! We were stranded on the island for about half an hour as they retrieved more fuel. The police boat came by and picked Mr. Stephen up, and brought him back to shore. When he got back, he got on another boat ( with a couple of other guys who had already made it back ) and came out to tow the pontoon boat back to shore. When it made it safely back to shore, they refueled and came and rescued our last two groups. It was definitely a unique experience! Though we did have a lot of fun being stranded :-)! After we were all safely back at Camp Joy we played laser tag down in the gym. If you are able to come to camp, play laser tag! They really did outdo themselves this year! It was so neat how they set the gym up for that game! Well, how about some pictures, shall we? :-)
 |
| Abby and I after the Sunday evening service. |
 |
| We stuck all our name tags onto Miss Jenna's back. |
 |
| Playing Freeze Tag with the kids on Monday afternoon. |
 |
| I can't remember what the name of the game was, but the kids came up with it ;-)! |
 |
| Josiah found a turtle! |
 |
| Working hard on a veggie tray! |
 |
| Washing potatoes. |
 |
| Abby got really messy while baking back in Baker's Corner! |
 |
| I got to do the guys side of the dish room. |
 |
| Giant onion! |
 |
| Crushing up cookies for Sundae's for a Buck! |
 |
| This is Driftwood Tower. Op Staff Girls can rest in here when its Guy's Lakefront Time. |
 |
| Sara was trying to write "rolls" this is what happened... |
 |
| Alayna's cucumber man. |
 |
| On Friday evening we had a bonfire down by the lake. |
 |
| Joanna and I at the bonfire. |
 |
| Bethany, Charity, and I were working on s'mores for the staff. |
 |
| Alayna and I on "Cookie Monster Shirt Day." |
 |
| We went on a walk in Whitewater! |
 |
| It was a lovely day for a walk! |
 |
| Nikki and I on the boat ride out to the island. |
 |
| Camp Joy's Island! |
 |
| The police picking up Mr. Stephen. |
 |
| Trapped on the island! |
 |
| The guys had to get the cows to move into a different pen. This was quite the interesting venture! |
 |
| Charity, Sara, and I at Laser Tag! |
 |
| This is when we took Miss Jenna's nieces and nephews out :-)! |
No comments:
Post a Comment