Saturday, June 1, 2013

Week One!

Well, we have made it through the first week of camp. This has to been one of the craziest weeks, even crazier than any of the weeks I remember from last summer. Our head cook and supervisor, Miss Rachel, had to leave us for a family emergency. We are unsure of when she will be back, and one of the assistant cooks, Miss Jenna, had to step up and fill in her roll. It has been quite the adjustment not having her here, but the Lord is blessing us thus far! This past week we have had Youth Development Camp ( YDC ) here. They have summer pretty early mornings, and one morning I got up at 4:45am! They will be continuing their camp through this next week, so please pray for strength for all of us, as many of us are tired. Some interesting things have gone on this week as well! Like I got locked into the cooler one day, Alayna found me though, and let me out ;-)! Also, one morning the girls and I in the kitchen were talking about how we should start praying for chocolate milk to come on the donation truck, because we really wanted some. Well that very day, the Lord provided 20! Yes! 20 crates of chocolate milk! It was so exciting! It was so neat to see the Lord provide, even things as silly as chocolate milk :-)! Today ( Saturday ) I took the CPR course, and I'm now CPR certified. Three girls in the kitchen were picked to take part in the class. It was quite a fun class! Well, how about some pictures? :-)
Mary the red-eared slider at Natureland!

Me, holding the turtles!

I love turtles!

Basking :-)! Actually, I put her there ;-)!

Laura, holding Rhoda, the snake!

Miss Jenna tired Nicole and I together, then Alayna tied us to the mixer!

Beautiful Whitewater Lake!

Trees outside our room.

Josh and the giant pan.

The deer, wearing a vale.

Abby and her cookie dough ;-)

The chocolate milk we prayed for!

Sara, Alayna, Nicole, and I!

We went to Goodwill for some shopping!

I found a frog!

Oscar the Onion ( Alayna made him )

I made this! It was sooo interesting! But they loved it!

Had to smash it up with my hands, it was the easiest way.

I warmed those over the stove. I did that for an hour and a half.

The lake!

This is where I'm staying all summer! Same room and bed as last!

I had to keep going in the freezer, it was sooo cold!

Nicole holding a giant bag of cheese curds!

Chalk Talk with Mr. Todd!

Alayna and my CPR dummy.

Joanna giving the dummy mouth-to-mouth.

Alayna giving the dummy mouth-to-mouth.

Me, doing chest compressions.

I got to use the AED! The training one anyway ;-)

Nathan and Joanna using the AED and doing compressions.

I had to pull the head off of the dummy!

Me, giving mouth-to-mouth to the baby dummy.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! It looks like you're having a great summer! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Olivia! Thanks for checking my blog out :-)! We are having a great summer so far! Are you planning on coming and camping or working sometime this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad you enjoy reading them lol :-)! Well then, I will look forward to seeing you at Teen 3!!

    ReplyDelete